Educated consumers comparison shop- they want the product that is right for them, and they want it at the best price. They compare different products, different vendors, and even similar products from the same vendor. It’s all about making an educated decision.
When purchasing a jump starter, there are so many factors to consider. What size? Will I know how to use it? Am I spending too much money on something I might never use?
Is it powerful enough for my car? Jump-starting a car can seem daunting and even nerve wracking, so picking a machine that you will feel comfortable using in a potential moment of frustration (your battery is dead!) is very important.
Below, we’ve outlined the crucial differences, as well as the pros and cons, of three different common and well rated jump starters.
GOOLOO 600A Jump Starter
The GOOLOO 600A Peak Car Jump Starter is a small and uber portable jump starter that you can fit in your glove box. It has a sleep and modern design, and is with a very sleek and modern looking design.
This will work with most passenger vehicles and takes up minimal space in your car.There are some portions of this model that aren’t intuitive (the “on” switch for the USB port, for example) and sometimes it seems that the quality of the materials used were compromised in order to make the unit extremely small.
- 600 peak amps
- 4 lbs
- 2 x 3 x 1.4 inches
- Lithium Battery
- Capacity: 5L Gas or 5.0L diesel
- Simple design, easy to use.
- Small enough to be easily stored in your glove compartment.
- Has SOS light, compass, USB port, and flashlight
- Not suitable for large trucks and some larger SUV’s.
- Alligator clamps are plastic, not the sturdiest
- USB port must be turned “on” in order to charge. Not intuitive.
Jump-N-Carry 770 Jump Starter
The Jump-N-Carry JNC770R 1700 Peak Amp Premium 12-Volt Jump Starter is battery operated and can be used for either a passenger vehicle or a truck. With 1700 peak amps of power, this is a heavy-duty machine – it weighs about 23 lbs and can be stored in your trunk.
The Jump-N-Carry can bring a dead battery back to life, even in a larger car, SUV or truck. Sturdy with 68 inch cords and powerful alligator clamps, this is a heavy duty unit. One drawback is that it is heavy and not particularly small, so it may not be suitable for people who can’t or would prefer not to operate a heavier machine, and for people who don’t want to store something large in their trunk.
- 1700 peak amps
- 23 lbs
- CloreProformer Battery
- An Incredibly powerful jump starter
- Powerful enough to be used for the majority of vehicles, SUV’s, and trucks
- Very Strong – Could be used for professional towing service or roadside assistance company
- Simple design
- Weighs 23 pounds, not necessarily a con but something to consider before purchase.
NOCO GB40 Jump Starter
The NOCO GB40 is a lightweight 1000 AMP jump starter that contains a few extra features. This lithium battery powered jump starter is truly, truly small- the entire thing weighs about 2 and a half pounds and is about 4 inches long, making it extremely portable.
It is designed for use with gas engines up to 6 liters and diesel engines up to 3 liters. The NOCO GB40 can jump-start a passenger car up to 20 times when fully charged. This is a great option, as long as you understand the limits and potential pitfalls of lithium batteries, particularly their sensitive to temperature.
- 1000 peak amps
- 5 lbs
- 4 x 3 x 3 inches
- Capacity: 6L Gas or 3L diesel
- Powerful enough to be used for majority of vehicles and SUV’s
- Simple and intuitive design (with just “on/off” switch)
- Has flashlight and USB port
- Lithium battery may not work in extreme hot and cold, so the NOCO GB40 must be kept insulated if stored inside your car